Monday, October 5, 2009

Today is bloat day

Something you should at least be aware of....I smoke pot. Regularly. I realize that this habit gives me the munchies and does not help me to be healthy at all but I at this point in my life refuse to give it up. I love it. I love the way it makes me feel and I know I still have control over everything while "under the influence" so I know that even though this may make my journey a little harder, it can and will work.

There is an article in the latest Marie Claire called "Stiletto Stoners" and it's all about successful women who kick back with a bowl every so often. The social stigma on pot is changing and I am ever appreiciative of that fact but I know a lot of people still look down on it. Yes, it is illegal, but have you heard of marijuana related deaths? Any? How about alcohol related? Ciggarette related? I have a full time job, a home, a car. I pay my bills on time (most of the time...), I clean my house (when I feel like it), I wear clean clothes and shower regularly. I am not an idiot, though I do have my moments.

Why do I feel the need to share this with you? It has a mega impact on my life as a whole. Last night my friend and I smoked and then I ate. A lot. I ate cookies, a pint of ice cream (Ben & Jerry's Phish Food....my FAVE!!!), some leftover rice and sweet and sour chicken, some more cookies, and some cinnamon sugar toast. WAY TOO MUCH! Thanks to this....today is a terrible day I feel bloated and sick. I feel like if I tried too hard to get a burp out everything is going to come flying right out of my mouth. My stomach...the lower part....keeps making all these ridiculously loud rumbling noises and I know it's not hungry. It's still trying to digest everything from last night and that piece of pizza I ate a couple hours ago is just sitting on top waiting. I am super gassy and totally uncomfortable in my own skin. This is not a fun feeling. Do you think some jumping jacks would help? Some sit ups? Maybe a lap around my back yard? How about not eating everything in my sight the next time I smoke? Now that, is a damn good plan. I can make this happen. I will become the person I want to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hey....I'll write back in the form of a comment later on